Maybe you remember my last attempt trying to recreate chunks of energy? If you do, you remember me saying they were great, but may well have been thins of energy. This was simply from me spreading them out too much.
So, one could rationalize that anything could be chunkier than those “chunks.” And I was just going to do the same thing, making sure this time to not spread them out so much.
But since I never keep things the same, I made it a leeelte different…and mo’ betta’!
- 1/4 c. oats – quick or rolled
- 1/4 c. cashews (I used salted and roasted)
- 4-5 medium sized dried, pitted dates
- 1 T. The Organic Whey
- 1/8 c. (a.k.a. 2 T. if it’s easier for anyone) nut butter (i used chunky pb)
- 1/8 c. milled flax
- 1 T. wheat germ
- 1/8 c. Kamut hot cereal (or oat bran or more oats)
- 1/8 c. maple syrup
- water, as needed
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped dried papaya
- 1/8 c. coconut (the only kind I had was sweetened, though I’d have preferred un)
- 1/8 c. sunflower kernels
Combine first three ingredients in a processor, and pulse until … crumbly.
Add in the next “set” of ingredients.
and again, process to combine. Stream in some water (I think I used about 1/8 c.) until it sort of clumps into a couple chunks.
And then add in the add-ins.
Spread it out into a tupperware, pressing down firmly…
They’re tricky to get out the first couple, so next time I may just make balls – but this is a lot faster and easier!