Things I Enjoy, edition one
1. Falling asleep and waking up with freshly laundered sheets, blankets, and big puffy blankets.
2. FIGS!! Don’t expect this to be going away anytime soon.
3. Space heaters.
4. Finishing the last part of my business homework before leaving for work.
6. How beautiful the sun is as I drive to and from work with this season change.
7. Fog on lakes.
9. Work. (gaspshockawe – yes, it’s true! I do enjoy my work)
10. Being busy at work!! We were hoppin’ today.
12. Homemade wraps that keep really well – like these!
13. The fact that y grocery store has (almost all of) the new Larabar flavors. Chocolate Chip Brownie? Ironically – not a flavor I’d willingly select if it were any other brand – but in a Larabar? I jumped on that wagon faster than a kid chases Santa Claus.
A brownie lover’s dream come true. Made with simple, real ingredients the richness of this bar comes from pure, Fair Trade Certified™ chocolate and luscious cashews. It’s a delicous, gluten free brownie minus the baking time and risk of sticking your tongue in the beaters!
And I was impressed. Even though it’s date based and chocolate flavored, it wasn’t too sweet or too chocolatey for me! Well…by the end it was almost too chocolatey to me…but that’s still pretty impressive.
14. Homework that involved calculating nutrition information of a recipe for shortbread cookies.
15. Sweet potato cookies. Guys…these cookies are so. good. I think I’ll make them in muffin form next time, though. Sweet potato-cranberry-coconut-chip muffins? Uhm ithinkso.
Leftovers have been making my life lately! Especially when they’re this good 😉
17. The fact that Frankenfish are actually being contested before they are just automatically released for human consumption. Uhm, seriously don’t enjoy the fact that this has even been concocted, though.
The United States’ Food and Drug Administration is in the midst of public hearingsto determine if it will approve AquaBounty Technologies’ application for fish spawned from genetically engineered salmon eggs to be allowed for use as food. These “AquAdvantage® Salmon” grow into full-sized fish in half the time that it would take a regular salmon, and if approved, would become the first “transgenic” or genetically engineered animals to be approved for human consumption.
18. New episodes of House and Two and a Half Men. That I’ll probably watch halfway before lose concentration like I always do.
19. Friends, Family, Happiness, and Health. (and Teddie, d’uh!)
20. I’d really enjoy it if you’d vote for me, too! 😛
What did you enjoy today?