I’d have cried about this, but I knew then I’d just have frozen tears stuck to my face, which would have put me in no better a predicament as my frozen body was in.
Rather than whine about the weather, though, I’m going to tell you random things about me today. Because I know you’re all dying to learn about my quirks and oddities.
This award – the STylish Blogger Award – has been circulating for a bit now, and has been graciously bestowed upon me quite a few times now from a few lovely ladies – Jenny, Michelle, Courtney and Natalia (I think I’m missing someone). To be honest, it’s taken me so long to finally join the club and go ahead and post my 7 random facts because it’s always hard for me to come up with good things. You know – real dirt on me. Because isn’t that what you’d rather read? Of course it is! And stuff like that, I just can’t remember. Here’s a freebie: I have such a bad memory/spacey memory that I can think of something I want to look up, pull up a new google tab, and then completely draw a blank as to what the hell I wanted to look up in the first place. Likewise, it’s taken me five days and three pads of misplaced paper (used for jolting my memory) to compile this list. I’ve never felt so narcissistic in my life.
I should say, before beginning, that I’m unsure as to what “stylish” really means in this sense, because when it comes to fashion – that I am not. I’m not sure what makes for a stylish blogger – but I just had to throw out there that if it’s anything to do with how I dress, don’t look to me for advice or inspiration.
Anyways. Onward and upward.
Here are the rules!
In order to accept this award you must do the following:
1). Make a post and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2). Share 7 things about yourself.
3). Award 15 other recently discovered fabulous bloggers!
4). Contact these bloggers to alert them that they’ve won!
1. I have a (minor…okay…maybe not-so-minor) paranoia of forgetting to put on deodorant. Every day I drive to work (or anywhere, I guess) I always have this split-second freak out, asking myself “oh my God, did I put on deodorant this morning?”
Don’t worry – the answer is always yes. At least, mostly always. So I really don’t know why I have this paranoia – maybe just because I’m always worried I smell? It’s really random, but hey. That’s what this survey is about, right?
2. This winter I’ve developed a habit of nearly always jogging in place whenever I’m microwaving things. It started as a way to generate more body heat because I’d be cold (hence why I’d be microwaving something in the first place – usually a cup of tea) but I’ve realized sometimes I do it just to kill time faster.
I joked with my mom that I’ve become like the racehorses that pee at the sound of a whistle/bell/whatever so that they don’t run with full bladders. Except I just start jogging when I hear a microwave. (okay, so I’m not that crazy – it’s a joke.)
3. Gabriela mentioned this in hers, but I have to agree – I hate being wet. This means that no, I do not go swimming. Even if it’s really hot out…because once I get my hair wet, my fun is over. And yes, I do shower, in case you were wondering. That’s different.
4. I laugh a little whenever I hear someone say the time is 2:30. I can only think of “tooth-hurty,” a.k.a. the best time to go to the dentist.
5. I know they’re really good for you – but I just can. not. eat. sprouts. I remember trying them (accidentally) as a child on a sandwich – and thought they were a bunch of bugs or something – but the texture made me immediately want to spit it out and cry to my mom.
I didn’t, but I still have awful memories of them. Again, it’s irrational, but whatever.
6. I tend to think the world is out to get me – probably from all of the NCIS/CSI-esque shows my mom watched while I was in the room for so many years. One day after work, I came out to my car to drive home only to find a film canister sort of tucked in/on top of my car door handle. I immediately thought someone was trying to poison me – surely I’d unroll the little note inside only to inhale anthrax or something, rigtht?
Uh, no…it was just some shells my friend brought back from Maine for me. He still teases me to this day…whenever he drives by my work will say he was going to write me a note but then remembered it’d only instill panic in me.
7. On a similar note, I always get really worried whenever I hear our home phone ring. It hardly ever rings, so of course when it does I think I’m in some sort of trouble or something. Same thing sort of goes for my phone, but I think that’s moreso because people always text me rather than call me. So of course when either phone rings, I’m either in trouble with the law or Teddie has broken his leg or something.
…I never said I was normal, guys…
So now, rather than pass this along since it’s a little outdated now – I either invite you to share your little quirks and oddities! Either in the comments or your own blog. I love learning new, quirky things about people, especially you guys!