I love surveys. In my past years of myspace-filled school breaks and late nights pretending I was too cool for my boots, I got my entertainment by filling out myspace surveys from random people. And pretending I was too cool for my boots.
- I have to ask… last meal, what would it be?
- Oh heavens, that’s a toughie. I’m torn between something really unhealthy just for spite and irony, and something more “me.” And then I realized I’d probably die a lot happier if it was something more “me.” Except, the problem with these questions is, I can only ever think of how good the last thing I ate was (in this case, banana almond cornmeal pancakes) and that’s all I think I want. For the sake of not being really lame, I won’t say pancakes, and instead I’ll sayyyy…crap, I don’t know. I’ll think about it while I’m out and about today. …I’m back, I’ve thought about it, I’m still clueless.
- What is a blog that I should be reading and why?
- I don’t think I can think of only one!! I’d feel like a favoritist, anyways. So I’ll just rattle off a couple: Clean Eating Chelsea, One Step Closer, Tatianna Lives, The NonDairy Queen, A Fresh Dille, Teenage Health Freak, Almost Vegan, Une Vie Saine, Brit Chick Runs, Mo’s Kitchen, One Healthy Munchkin, Running to Slow Things Down, (and even though it seems like I’m answering Jess’s question, I’ve gotta throw in her bloggie, too!)
- Ever had a disaster in the kitchen? What happened?
- uhh, welll, there was that time I forgot to add the sugar…
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- I’d like to live in Burlington. Or somewhere in Canada. I love Boston, but I think I’d get sick of the city. Burlington, VT is the perfect mix of both.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- It’s taking everything in my power to not say kale chips right now because I am totally hooked on them at the moment. Instead, I’ll say peanut butter and jelly (er, jam) sandwiches on really good freshly baked bread. Such a simple, delicious sandwich is all too often overlooked.
- If you could trade lives with anyone on the earth for one day, who would it be and why?
- Oooh, tough. Part of me wants to say “no-one, I’d rather live my own life.” But at the same time, it’d be interesting to live the life of a professional photographer. Or even a groom for a big fancy dressage rider.
- Veggies… love them or hate them? Be honest..
- I honestly love veggies. The ones I hate (cough,zucchini,cough) I just don’t eat. There’s too many I enjoy to waste my tastebuds on the others.
- Favorite quote?
- I love quotes – but I can never remember the good ones/my favorites when I need to. All I can think of right now is “be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle,” but that’s pretty popular. Others I enjoy:
- I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center. [Kurt Vonnegut]
- anything on the “lovesick” portion of Secret Vespers. Little known fact: I like reading hopeless romantic stuff like that, small poetic words that mean so much.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. [Kurt Cobain]
- "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion." [Jack Kerouac]
- “I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” [Jim Morrison]
Are you a “quote person”? What’s your favorite? And since part of the award is passing on a new survey, I encourage anyone to answer these new survey questions on their blogs (or my comments if you don’t have one/want to )
- Where’s the most exciting place you’ve been?
- Think about something you didn’t think you could do, but could. What was it?
- Now think about something you want to do, but are afraid to. What is it?
- Look to your left. What’s there?
- If Bobby Flay was your personal chef for a day, what would he make you? Well, what would you politely ask him to make you, rather?
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?
- What’s something that, if you don’t do, your day feels incomplete?
- What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Alright…now….back to the Breeder’s Cup. Lets gooooo, Zenyatta!!