I am out of control today. I might as well just say “Hi, I’m Jess, and I haven’t stopped eating yet today.” Seriously. I’m thinking it’s because I a.) somewhere along the line, forgot how to pack a good lunch and snacks for work, and b.) my day yesterday.
Here’s how yesterday went:
- Wake up at 6:00 for an 8:30 senior portrait shoot – gobble up overnight oats and gather camera gear for shoot. Drive to shoot.
- End up mountain-goating it for the entire shoot – practically hiking up and down a mountain.
- Gobble down some almonds while going to work the naughty pony.
- Work the naughty pony, who is still up to some antics.
- Scurry off to clean the office.
- Scurry home, see the farrier is here early – gobble down a peanut butter and jelly before running out to help hold horses (and catch up with farrier – and old friend from when I worked and rode at another barn)
- Spend all afternoon catching up with said farrier.
- Muck out both sets of horses/ponies.
- Find an odd half-hour before dinner to upload photos.
- Make and eat dinner (mine and the animals)
- edit photos
- ride georgie
- edit photos, finally post photos.
- breath. sleep. like a babay.
Luckily, breakfasts are always there for me. For my oatmeal-raisin cookie overnight oats, I add in a bunch of cinnamon, some nutmeg, and raisins to the base overnight. Stirring in vanilla chobani in the morning adds a lovely sweetness and vanilla flavor. And protein!
Needless to say, I feel like it’s been eons since I’ve posted even though it’s been just a day. I’m almost a sad story. I prefer to call it dedicated.
This morning started off with an ugly sight: a check engine light in the Jeep. Great. It seems like a bunch of little things keep going wrong.
- Teddie issues
- Shot my senior portrait at 1000 ISO (don’t know why I ever had it set to 1000 so didn’t even think to check. Stupid me.)
- Freaking out that I was going to get in trouble for what I said to a customer on Saturday (though that freaking out was for nothing – they bowed down to me, haha)
- Seeing the number 666 everywhere (I’m not superstitious but this one’s really starting to get to me)
- Jeep light
Okay, so that’s really not that much, but I remember there being a couple other things and I just found it quite ironic that all these little things were going on, heh.
So, seeing this Jeep light was sort of enough to send me overboard. Actually, just the Teddie issues and the ISO whoopsie was enough to make me believe that life as I know it would surely come crumbling down, so add to that me telling myself that now I had to shell out $1,000 for a new engine or something and I was a mess.
I’m not dramatic or anything.
I’m really not sure why I’m rambling on so long about my Jeep problems, but long story short, it resulted in iced coffee, munchkins, and a really long walk to work.
No, no – I didn’t break down, but I did underestimate the distance between my work and the shop. Which resulted in me telling myself I needed an iced coffee, and being the kind person I am, “phoned home” (re: work) to take orders at Dunkin.
The consensus was munchkins. Munchkins without sprinkles.
Now picture this: little old me, walking (sweating) in my bright, pretty teal shirt, toting an iced coffee, a big bag, and a little suitcase of munchkins. You know how sometimes you see these fancy dudes toting around their suit coat and a nice fancy briefcase? Yeah, I was the sad imitation of that.
When I finally arrived at my destination, I stood in the lower level of the shop for a good five minutes, airing out my sweaty self in the cool air.
I delivered the munchkins, was praised for my “job well done” on Saturday, and got to work.
And then became really disappointed when I saw there were no blueberry glazed munchkins after that long trek. It’s sort of weird – I’ve never been a donut kinda gal. Muffins take the cake. (or…donut, if you will) but these munchkins were screaming my name today, for whatever reason. Finally I just let myself have at the darn munchkin.
I ended up settling for a jelly-filled munchkin imposter, and was crushed to discover it was just a regular glazed munchkin.
Still not a fan. Hey, just making sure I’m not missing out on life-changing food. I know this sounds like a weird, long, unnecessary ramble about a munchkin…but I guess I just like the moments where I appreciate healthy eating, and remind myself that it’s my choice, and not my requirement.
So there you have it. And treating my financial woes with iced coffee and a munchkin certainly helped, because all I needed was a speed sensor. Which is rather comical, if you ask me.
See, a week or so ago, when I was driving to the barn with my mom – she asked me if I’d gotten a ticket lately. When my response was no, she asked why I was driving so slow.
Mom, I’m going the speed limit.
I admit it did feel slow, but hey – not gonna argue with the police. Needless to say, I felt like I was driving a bit faster on the way home.