Lately I feel like I’ve had so many choices when it comes to what I want to eat! I see this as good and bad: good because I’m sure to explore them all, and diversity is a great thing. Bad because sometimes I simply can’t make up my mind! That’s definitely what happened this morning. I knew I should use up the mango I chopped up the other day, but the weather was making me crave pear or apple.
I decided to beat the rainy day blues over the head with my saucepan, and simmered and sauteed up some mango-raspberry-coconut oats. Letting the rain win this morning probably would have put me in a bit of a funk the rest of the day – and I hate being in a funk! Gotta make the best of every day.
- oat bran, Bob’s 5 Grain Rolled Hot Cereal, Wheat Bran
- brewed coffee & So Delicious Coconut Beverage
- trail power
- 1/4 of a diced mango
- vanilla extract, chai spice blend, drizzle agave
- 1/2 Tbs. Chia Seeds
- chia-acai icing
- milled golden flax
- ginger jam
- Artisana Coconut Bliss
- slivered almonds
- crumbled-up apple-oat chewie
And A Compote Of 1/4 diced mango and some frozen raspberries, in coconut milk and agave.
Not sure why I crumbled up a chewie into my oats. I know I don’t like soft-ish toppings (muffins, bread-like things) for my oats since it’s too similar in texture to the oats themselves, yet I did it anyway. A biscotti would have been a better decision. Oh, well. The raspberry-mango-coconut butter was killah.
The biscotti was totally staring me down, and there was no way I could leave the house this morning without having a piece 🙂 So – I definitely enjoyed one as I finished my Green Mountain coffee and finished packing lunch.
Note to self: ORDER MORE K-CUPS!! I’m almost out! Folgers doesn’t cut it for this chicka.
Work was, to put it kindly, a bit of a drag today. Very slowww. And what’s with this gross weather?! I am so ready for tomorrow through Saturday. Hellloooo, 80’s. I’ll be frying eggs on the pavement with that heat wave!
That being said, I tried my hardest to not let myself get in the “the weathers gross so I’m gonna be grumpy.” mindset, and totally worked it. Phew! These past few days could have gone either way, but my mood has stayed up. The day is what I make it, and I’d way rather be in a good mood than a poor one.
I triiied to get a handle on my sweet kick and omitted the Yogi crisps for today 🙂 I was pretty successful – sure, I still had sweet things like dried fruit, fresh fruit, and those sorts of things – but otherwise did pretty well. Even my homemade oat chewies don’t have added sweetness – mostly just from the dates!
Hehe, actually – a lot more came out as squares as I initially thought. I guess I just resigned myself to having a terrible idea when it still sorta worked 🙂 And you know what these remind me of?! My beloved Woodstock Cookies! Since I ended up using such a wide variety of nuts and even some dried fruits, it reminded me juusst like a Weeds-N-Seeds or Dried Fruit and Nut Granola Bar. Just if they were a bit more dense…definitely something to play with, for sure! I admit – my bake granola bars voice definitely won over yesterday, weather I wanted to admit it at the time or not. These are so more like granola bars than cookies.
I guess my granola bar-loving self just won’t simmer down!
Yep. You’ve seen this twenty times before. These wraps don’t get old! I debated gnocchi, but passed because I thought they’d be way better sauteed for reheating, and not lend themselves well to a microwave.
En la tortilla?
- Athenos Garlic & Herb Feta
- Cedar’s Garlic Lovers Hummus
- hardboiled egg
- sundried tomatoes
- red pepper
- red onion
And some everything pretzel crisps paired with hummus for side-consumption. Yum! This feta and hummus combo is heavenly. Sure, I’ve done it before. But this one in particular is a grand-prize winner!
Sometimes I wonder if work thinks it strange I eat the same wrap daily. It’s just that good! And easy to pack, travels well, and is filling, too. And hey, my mom loves them, too! It’s gotta be a winner.
I was so frozen at work today. I’m so sick of the cold!! I just want the sunshine again. But enough of the pity party. Soon I’ll be complaining about the heat, right?!
That being said, this baby was meant to be microwaved with some cinnamon and part of the granola chewie I had packed. I def. made my co-worker jealous. Smelled so good! I had to redeem myself for all the times I’ve nuked broccoli and salmon. They love me.
No wonder Spring has yet to spring – I’m still secretly craving fall! Look at all the sweet potatoes, cranberries, and pumpkin I’ve been eating! Now it all makes sense.
These gnocchi were so good leftover. I made sure to really get some color on them and it made a huge difference. I also decided to sautee them with some leftover broc & random veggies from Monday night’s dinner, as well as some frozen cranberries and spooned in some maple dijon mustard, too. And of course chopped with some topped mixed nuts for crunch!
Enough left over for one or two more meals, so hopefully you don’t get tired of these precious little dumplings. I’ve followed so many recipes over the past two days, it’s crazy! I need to do a little something rebellious to make up for it, no? Hmmm…that is what April Fools is for, right? Too bad I won’t be working…
That being said – can you believe March is over already?! I can’t. So much has happened! It definitely went against the old saying of in like a lion, out like a lamb. Pretty sure it came in like a lamb, and out like a lion. And we definitely had our fair share of April downpours a month early. What else happened in March?
- I feel like I finally became a real person behind this blog after this post, not just another blogger. Meaning: I feel like my posts have become a bit more personal, not just “here is what I ate it was good.” I love it so much more!
- I stopped being a teenager! Oh, darn.
- I became introduced to tempeh and am still totally enamored with it! PB, J, and Tempeh pita, anybody? I’ll hook ya’ up!
- I get stomach aches from eating old hummus and decide curry is still a perfectly fine dinner, regardless of whether there’s soup in the cupboard or not.
- I tackled my longtime fear of cottage cheese and discovered it is actually heavenly. I still get grossed out when I hear “cottage cheese,” though.
- I discovered Yogi Granola Crisps and may never be able to look at life the same again. I don’t think I lived before. Other new obsessions? ginger jam, trail power, organic dried apricots, pitted dates, Clif C Bars and Gnu Bars, cranberries and sweet potatoes, sweet potato paninis, and egg and hummus wraps.
- I also tried Kombucha and was surprisingly impressed!
- I got my mom into healthy eating, while discovering I may not hate chocolate after all.
- Best google hit? “chia gel on my face.”
- Most random google hit? “Silk PureAlmond gives me gas.”
And, now, I’m really thinking about gardening this summer. I’d love to grow my own stuff. So – I’m off to do some research!
What was your favorite thing about March? Any big changes, new finds, epiphanies?
- Bob’s Red Mill is having a giveaway!!